2. SHE’S THAT – I’m feeling the beginnings of an old school tribal house track. I don’t know if I’m coming or going. But, this isn’t the track asking you for a bump so I’ll save that for later. Is this thing on, hello? Is this recording my voice, live? It’s making me very nervous!
3. IT’S OVAH CAN YOU HANDLE IT? – I’m ready to hit the floor and wondering, ARE YOU READY? I’m bringing it, turning it, and we come you live & direct. We have something very important to bring you. It’s Ovah, can you handle it!? Is anyone walking? I hear echoes of a distant runway that just got served.
4. GAGGING (momma’s dub) – Giving you breath! I can’t catch mine & I feel like I’m gagging. The hi-hat with electro pianos is thumping and expectant. This is the track that reminds me of hanging with my friends in the NYC clubs, watching each other live. “She’s Gagging!!!” We know what it means, taken back by EJ & Coqui saying, “That’s ok” to the unexpected call by EJ’s mother.
5. THROWBACK – From the start, just the sound makes you feel like you’re preparing for a ball in the 80s. Teasing me with sounds, peppered with eras of old school. Honey let me tell you something, collaborations is just something we do. Now let’s take it back, one’s Costa Rican, one’s Black. It’s not over... it’s OVAH!
6. R.I.F. - What you hear my dear is audio. Don’t get it twisted, it’s only in your head, Rest in Fierce my darling, the sounds are quite alive, not nearly dead. This track is giving you a conjunction with a function, a who, a what & a where. ::turns the page:: Reading Is Fundamental.
7. TRUST – We’re in the jungle giving you tribal drums, live and direct from the forest music express. Trust in us andall shall be well. I could do without the Casio piano sounds but I enjoy the pops. These sounds are all over the place, but I have faith in the ones to come.
8. R U EXPERIENCED? – I’m at the coat check and I'm over it, cause I wish I was on the floor dancing to this is a song, but instead, I'm on this long ass line. It's very space invaders, out there but underground. And it’s your mission, should you choose to accept it, to merge the 2 into one bump. Come here, let me talk to you for a moment. Are you experienced? Can you handle it? Let me give you a bullet and blow you away!
9. KNOCKOFF – The nerve! Feeling like a million and showing it off. Ana Sui, Gucci, Dolce & Gabbana, Donna Karen, Thierry Mugler and Miss Muccia Prada, what, where, how… when? Your 19.00 dollar Chanel Knockoff!? The nerve, miss thing!
10. IT’S DONE – It’s battle time bitches! And while you’re getting ready, I’m already done. You feel ill, I look sickening, you just lost & I just won. Bring it, walk for me! This is one of my favorite tracks. ATL to NYC, EJ, Mother Juan and the rest of the Aviance family, here, there, we’re everywhere! Can you handle it? It’s OVAH, AVI’OUSLY!
11. OYE MARICON – Just when you thought it was quieting down, it’s about to bring it back harder and faster, with a blip, a rolling thump, build up, a bang, a cha cha and a drum! Move out the way bitches, I’m about to give you a Sumba, a Salsa, Meringue & Bachata! Oye Maricon, callate la boca y dame chicaron!! It gives you bass & tribal all the way through, keeps the stamina of a hot Latin man!
12. I AM ART (coqui’s mix) – A great house track to end, synth build ups and rock chord gives it a new dimension while the timbales click and clack. A great ending to a terrific compilation, different and unexpected!
JEROME FARLEY, DEL PINO BROS for FARLEY MUSIC FACTORY
AND THE HOUSE OF AVIANCE.
FREE DOWNLOAD OF THE ENTIRE CD (12 tracks 1 click):